The FORUM Editorial Working Group plans and solicits articles for FORUM magazine, published nine times per year by the Association Forum. The goal for each issue of FORUM is to provide innovative and actionable information regarding association management.
Working Group Members:
- Attend two half-day, in-person meetings—in April and October—to assist with story ideas and sources for FORUM magazine. Broad topic coverage will be presented; working group members will recommend specific story angles based on trends, emerging issues, best practices or case studies with which they are familiar.
- Take the lead on two to three articles. This may be done in three ways: 1) secure diverse volunteer authors, 2) interview diverse subject matter experts or 3) write the manuscripts per FORUM’s editorial guidelines.
- Do NOT need to edit articles for style or grammar.
- Are credited in every issue of FORUM.
- On occasion, provide feedback and advice on FORUM magazine’s editorial strategy, topic coverage and content delivery vehicles (print, web, mobile).
The Working Group is Recommended for Members Who:
- Are association professionals or supplier partner members in good standing.
- Can support the mission of FORUM, which is to: serve as an innovative resource that anticipates the needs of the association management profession.
- Represent a variety of organizational sizes and scopes.
- Represent a diversity of perspective.
- Have publishing experience (not required).
- Have attained their CAE designation (not required).
- Attend two Working Group meetings per year (two to three hours) to offer story ideas, recommend interview subjects and authors and/or volunteer for writing assignments.
- Spend the time necessary to take the lead on two to three articles via securing authors, interviewing sources or writing the manuscripts.
- Be willing and available to participate in occasional polls, surveys and conference calls to provide feedback and advice on FORUM’s editorial strategy, topic coverage and content delivery.
Carol Pape, CAE Staff Contact Dan Shea firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerri A. Leo, MATD, CAE
|Ms. Connie Arkus
|Ms. Teresa Brinati
|Ms. Chloe Renee Daniels
|Mr. Tyler Eble
|Mrs. Courtney L Kiss
|Mr. Rick McNary
|Mary Ann Passi, CAE
|Pamm Schroeder, CAE
|Mr. Matt Switzer
|E. Ruth White
|Mr. Gregg F. Witt, SIOR