The Professional Practices Committee is a policy and strategy recommending body that reports to the Board of Directors. Its primary function is to review and provide updates to Association Forum’s Professional Practice Statements and to develop new statements.
- Is subdivided into task forces to work on revising and creating statements.
- Reviews Professional Practice Statements to determine if the statements should be updated, retired or left as is.
- Revises those statements in need of updating by submitting a revised draft to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- Develops new statements on issues/areas not currently addressed. This requires drafting a scope statement for consideration by the Board of Directors first and then once approved; the full statement is drafted and submitted to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- Reviews and develops professional practice statements containing inclusive language and topics related to diversity & inclusion.
The Committee Is Recommended for Members Who Are:
- Seasoned association executives who have a broad understanding of association management issues and leadership experience.
- Seasoned supplier partners who have a broad understanding of association management issues and leadership experience.
- Full committee meeting
- Face-to-face meetings (1-2)
- Conference calls as necessary
Task force meetings
- Conference calls (preferred medium-at least 2)
- Face-to-face meetings as necessary
- Review and editing of statements
Rachel D. Tristano, CAE
Mark Barenie, CPA, CAE
Nicole C. Bradle, MA, CMP, CAE
JoAnn V. Coleman MPA, CAE
Barbara Connell, CAE, CMP
Dillard-Steels, MPH, MBA, CAE
Jonathan T. Howe, JD, FASAE
Geoffrey P. Jaroch, MBA, CAE
Peggy Pissarreck, CMP
Pauli Undesser, BS,MS,MWS,CAE
Matthew Hornberger, CAE, MBA