The Welcoming Environment™ Committee plays an integral role in promoting diversity and inclusion by ensuring that Association Forum makes everyone who interacts with Association Forum feel welcomed and valued. A Welcoming Environment™ is defined as the creation of a sense of belonging and connectedness that engages individuals in an authentic manner in which uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
- Ensures that the Welcoming Environment™ concept is woven through every aspect of Association Forum’s approach to: organizational development, education, volunteer leadership, communication, and marketing.
- Monitors metrics to gauge the efficacy of Welcoming Environment™ efforts.
- Scans the association community to contribute to the development of the online Welcoming Environment Resource Kit.
- Actively promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
The Committee Is Recommended for Members Who:
- A current Association Forum member in good standing.
- Actively participate in Association Forum events.
- Are passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Bimonthly committee meetings.
- Participation in conference calls and sub-committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as Welcome Environment™ Ambassadors at programs and events when available.
Pierre Desy, MPH, CAE
Lorelle R. Swader, CAE, MLS, MA
Derrick L Mitchell
Joseph M. Jackson, CAE
Kara Adams, CAE,M.Ed.
Nicole Harris, CAE
Andrea Wright, CPA
Melissa Walling, CAE, IOM