Volunteers should have:
- Knowledge relevant to the committee or working group's purpose.
- A dedication to furthering the Association Forum's mission.
- A desire to develop personal leadership expertise.
- A willingness to learn from others.
- A positive attitude and high degree of flexibility.
- A passion for innovation and new ideas.
- A commitment to volunteer-staff partnership.
What Does the Association Forum Expect from its Volunteers?
- Be an Association Forum member.
- Commit to participating actively in all scheduled meetings.
- Attend and promote events related to their group's purpose.
- Notify staff when they are unable to attend.
- Act as an ambassador for the Association Forum in the association community.
- Sign a conflict of interest statement and disclose any conflicts openly at the outset of meetings.
- Evaluate their experience at the end of their term, and expect to be evaluated by their committee or working group chair.
What’s the Time Commitment?
- Committees are year-round groups with ongoing responsibilities. An estimate of meetings per year is listed for each standing committee. Committee meetings run two to three hours at city and suburban locations, depending on member preference. Committee members also may participate via conference call.
- Working groups often have program-specific roles and thus typically do not meet year-round. These groups will meet one to two times maximum over a two- to three-month period. The goal is quick, efficient, effective use of volunteer time.