The Future is not Near – The Future is Here!
CEOs have the dual challenge of ensuring a bright future for the association while staying ahead of current threats that can impact an entire industry. Executives understand that shifts in our economy, along with social and political issues, can effect associations in the blink of an eye. How we respond as leaders is critical. This session is for executives seeking key insights into the future.
Byron Reese will share trends and predictions for the year ahead. Matt Sanderson will also provide us with 20 for 2018, a thought provoking discussion on 20 association trends that CEOs need to keep on their radar.
After this session, executives will be able to:
- Obtain insights that will help you to understand macro and association trends that could impact your association
- Discover what’s trending and apply key insights to lead the future state of your association
- Identify the pressing issues that you need to prepare for as the chief executive
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Opening Remarks and Networking Breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.
Macro Trends and Predictions for 2018
Featured Keynote: Byron Reese, Futurist
Byron is often described as a high-tech trailblazer, author, inventor, entrepreneur, and eternal optimist! Byron will challenge us to consider macro trends that are impacting our society, organizations and the association community. As the Chief Executive, it is crucial that we understand trends impacting associations.
Moderated Q&A to follow
8:50 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. BREAK
9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.
"20 for 2018": Twenty Association Trends, Issues and Developments Impacting the Future of Associations
Featured Keynote: Matt Sanderson, President and CEO, SmithBucklin
- Kimberly Mosley, CAE, President, American Specialty Toy Retailing Association
- Pauli Undesser, BS,CAE, MS, MWS, Executive Director, Water Quality Association
9:50 a.m. Closing Remarks – Rob Paterkiewicz, CAE, MBA, IOM