Association Forum’s awards honor the best and brightest in the association community. The committee is responsible for all of Association Forum’s awards, unless specifically excluded by Board policy. Additionally, the Forty Under Forty® recognition program is managed by the Awards and Scholarship Committee. This committee will work with staff to develop and promote the next generation of leaders and the Association Forum Awards and Recognition program.
- Reviews and modifies criteria for award application, nomination and selection of the Honors and Forty Under 40 Awards.
- Actively encourages other Association Forum members and non-members to apply for the Forty Under 40 Awards.
- Actively encourages other Association Forum members to nominate deserving candidates for the Honor Awards.
- Abides by the committee’s nomination policy to not nominate colleagues or participate in discussions if committee members have a personal or professional relationship with the nominee.
- Develops/manages the award process to ensure nominations and applications submitted meet the criteria of the committee’s eligibility policies.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors on Honors Awards honoree selections.
- Solicits awards applications and nominations from a diverse population of professionals to ensure equal representation of applicants.
This Committee Is Recommended for Members Who Are:
- Willing to actively seek out and encourage peers to submit applications and/or nominations for awards.
- Familiar with association awards programs.
- Actively engaged in the association industry.
- Past chairs of the Association Forum Board of Directors, past honorees and Association Professional or Supplier Partner members.
- Are Association Professional, Consultant or Supplier Partner members of Association Forum.
- Attend committee meetings (minimum of two).
- If schedule permits, attend Forum Forward, Holiday Showcase and Honors Gala.
- Participate in conference calls as scheduled throughout the year.
*Please note that participation on this committee does not result in discounted or free registration for Association Forum events.
Meggan Teague, MPA, Chair
Phillip Ridley, CMP, Vice Chair
Amanda Decker, CAE
Denise Eiring, CEM, CMP
Lori Granich, MBA, RDN, CAE
Teresa Peavy, CAE
Monae Redmond, MBA
Bradley Rysz, CAE
Evan Williams, CAE, IOM
Denise Froemming, CAE, CPA, MBA
Sarah Murphy, MNA, CAEmurphy@associationforum.org