Welcoming Environment Summit
Join us at the first Welcoming Environment Summit at Holiday Showcase. We are thrilled to provide insights that will help our community to increase inclusiveness and diversity at our associations. This is an important effort as we consider the various needs of our workforce and our members. Join the discussion at the Welcoming Environment Summit!
You will gain insights and takeaways to help you:
- Understand the breadth and depth of cultural competency and the value it can provide across your association.
- Be exposed to your level of unconscious bias and the insights on tools to address.
- Identify ways to start a courageous conversation in your association that helps to foster a welcoming environment.
7:30 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.
Welcome and Setting the Stage
James (Jim) Zaniello, FASAE
President, Vetted Solutions
7:45 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.
Visual Explorer Exercise: What are your biases?
Bob Moore, CAE
Chief Operating Officer, American Dental Hygienists Association
8:10 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
Vice President, Convention Sales
8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
The Real Deal on Diversity: Empowering Courageous Conversations about Welcoming Environment
Keynote: James Pogue, Ph.D
Multi-Generational Expert and National Speaker
9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Welcoming Environment Panel: Solutions for Association Leaders
Facilitator: Sharon Allen, MBA, CDM
Adjunct Instructor, Author
Columbia College of Missouri
- How is subtle bias more pervasive than blatant discrimination?
- How can associations assess their cultural competencies to be relevant to all cultures?
- What are the barriers to successful cultural integration of a welcoming environment?
- Nikki Palluzzi
Senior Manager, Member Services
National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
- Josie Hernandez, Trainer/Program Manager, Institute of Real Estate Management