Congratulations on finally taking the
big step to share your knowledge and expertise with the world! Well,
maybe not the world…or just not yet anyway. We’re just excited you
stopped by to visit us.
We’ve pulled a few resources together
to help you prepare for your next speaking engagement. We want to make
sure we’re doing everything possible to make your next event a success!
We always want to know what you’re
thinking and if this page is helpful to you. So, if you care to share
your thoughts, please give it to us straight…we promise we can handle
it. Shoot us a message via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to listen to you sing our praises!
P.S. Feel free to share any additional resources you’ve found helpful and we can add them!
What’s In & What’s Out?
We would hate for you to prepare a
presentation surrounding a topic that no one is interested in. That
would be pure devastation! To avoid such a tragedy, click here to view the latest trends!
Don’t Bore Your Audience…Present Strong!
Every speaker wants their audience to
have a memorable experience. This comes with passion, experience and a
successful presentation. Before you break out your first slide (riddled
with bullets) please remember to:
Tips & Tricks
- Bring a backup copy
- Include your session title on your first slide
- Allow for Q&A throughout your presentation
- Embed graphics vs. text (attendees came to hear your ideas, not to listen as you read slides verbatim)
- Keep your notes to yourself…avoid bullets! This will keep your audience from reading ahead and losing interest.
- K.I.S.S. your slides (Keep It Short & Simple) Enough said!
- Limit the amount of information on a single slide
- Use a large font
- Avoid red letters as they can be difficult to read
- Do not use more than four colors
- List your contact information on your last slide
- 45 min presentation = 15 slides max
- 60 min presentation = 20 slides max
- 75 min presentation = 25 slides max
- 90 min presentation = 30 slides max
- Four Quick Tips to Make Presenting Simple
- Elements of An Effective Speech
- Podium Reminders
- Fix Your Presentations: 21 Quick Tips
- Presentation Delivery
- Effective Presentation Design
- Improve Your Communication Skills
- Effective Communication Training
- 7 Ways to Hone Your Presentation Skills
- Six Steps to Delivering a Great Presentation