PPAC identifies, prioritizes, reviews, and monitors legislative and regulatory developments at the federal, state, and local levels, and manages related government affairs activity.
PPAC focuses on matters that directly affect or may directly affect a majority of Chicagoland associations. PPAC does not seek to become involved in issues common to the entire Chicagoland business community.
PPAC is guided by three Association Forum principles:
- Promote freedom of association practice and good governance
- Promote regional growth of the association community
- Promote and protect the value of associations
- Monitors legislation
- Identifies and builds coalitions
- Engages in member awareness and mobilization
This Council is ideal for:
- Association professionals in the public policy and government relations space who are interested in advocacy.
- Volunteer who can report on City/County governmental activities.
- Ability to participate in virtual meetings (typically one per month).
2024-25 OPEN Call for Volunteers
Sharon Smith-Terry, Chair
Kathleen Burbidge, CAE
Mary Kate Cunningham, CAE
Gina Florzak, MBA
Stephen Legault, MSW, CAE
Kimberly Pendo, JD
Stacey Williams, MPP