Welcoming Environment Chair:
The Welcoming Environment™ Committee plays an integral role in promoting diversity and inclusion by ensuring that Association Forum makes everyone who interacts with Association Forum feel welcomed and valued. A Welcoming Environment™ is defined as the creation of a sense of belonging and connectedness that engages individuals in an authentic manner in which uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
- Encourages the development of a Welcoming Environment™ within every aspect of Association Forum.
- Monitors metrics to gauge the efficacy of Welcoming Environment™ efforts.
- Scans the association community to contribute to the development of the online Welcoming Environment Resource Kit.
- Actively promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Engages in new member onboarding calls
- Promotes diversity initiatives in associations using #assnWE on social media.
These Opportunities Are Recommended for Members Who:
- Are passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Actively participate in Association Forum events.
- Bimonthly or Quarterly committee meetings.
- Participation in conference calls and sub-committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as a Welcome Ambassadors at programs and events when available.
Welcoming Environment Co-Chair:
Welcoming Environment Committee Members
|Jamie Heidorn, CTA
|Ashley Gill, CFRE
|Ms. Janet E. Powers, CAE
|Ms. Colette Huzinec
|Ms. Celeste R. Smith, CAE
|Ms. Kate Dockins, CAE
|Norma Castrejon, MA
|Ms. Lannisa James, MBA
|Jennifer Bose, MNA CAE
|Ms. Marilyn K. Render
|Ms. Kimberly Mosley, CAE, CPE
Michelle Mason, FASAE, CAE