The Welcoming Environment® Committee plays an integral role in promoting diversity and inclusion by ensuring that Association Forum makes everyone who interacts with Association Forum feel welcomed and valued. A Welcoming Environment® is defined as the creation of a sense of belonging and connectedness that engages individuals in an authentic manner in which uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
- Encourages the development of a Welcoming Environment® within every aspect of Association Forum.
- Monitors metrics to gauge the efficacy of Welcoming Environment® efforts.
- Scans the association community to contribute to the development of the online Welcoming Environment® Resource Kit.
- Actively promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Engages in new member onboarding calls
- Promotes diversity initiatives in associations using #assnWE on social media.
These Opportunities Are Recommended for Members Who:
- Are passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Actively participate in Association Forum events.
- Bimonthly or Quarterly committee meetings.
- Participation in conference calls and sub-committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as a Welcome Ambassadors at programs and events when available.
Welcoming Environment® Chair
Nancy Ukpe Gargula, MA
Welcoming Environment® Committee Members
Lannissa James, MBA, CAE
Jennifer Liu Goluszka
Kevin Minot, MS
Marilyn K. Render
Monae Redmond, MBA
Kim MosleyStaff Contacts
Michelle Mason, FASAE, CAE