The Welcoming Environment® Committee plays an integral role in promoting diversity and inclusion by ensuring that Association Forum makes everyone who interacts with Association Forum feel welcomed and valued. A Welcoming Environment® is defined as the creation of a sense of belonging and connectedness that engages individuals in an authentic manner in which uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
- Encourages the development of a Welcoming Environment® within every aspect of Association Forum.
- Monitors metrics to gauge the efficacy of Welcoming Environment® efforts.
- Scans the association community to contribute to the development of the online Welcoming Environment® Resource Center.
- Actively promotes and encourages diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Engages in new member onboarding calls
These Opportunities Are Recommended for Members Who:
- Are passionate about increasing diversity and inclusion within Association Forum.
- Actively participate in Association Forum events.
- Monthly committee meetings.
- Participation in conference calls and sub-committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as a Welcome Ambassadors at programs and events when available.
Marilyn Render, Chair
Debbie Trueblood, IOM, CAE, Vice Chair
Sharon Allen, CDM, MBA
Kim Ellison, CAE, MNM
Emily Harris, MBA, CAE
Norris Orms, CAE, FACHE
Steve Smith, MS, CAE, FAAMSE