Named after Bud Hermann, a past president of the Association Forum and ASAE, the P.D. Hermann Scholarship is funded through the Association Forum Foundation. The scholarship - which does not include room, board or transportation - covers the cost of one year’s tuition to Institute for Organization Management, the U.S. Chamber’s nonprofit professional development program.
This program is attended by more than 1,000 association and chamber of commerce executives in five locations annually. Course topics include courses on topics such as advocacy, media training, membership, finance, legal issues human resources, just to name a few. Each succeeding year's curriculum becomes more complex and diverse in the four-year program. Attendees earn 24 CAE certification points per week.
Institute is an invigorating break from the everyday pressures and routine of association office activity and will give participants from Chicago associations important tools and references to perform more effectively in their association management responsibilities.
- Applicants must be Association Forum members.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need and career promise.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted for the Midwest Institute in June 2018. Stay tuned for more details!
- Email the scholarship application form to Tina Jackson or fax it to (312) 924-7173.
- Recipient will be notified by the Association Forum.